Thanks to everyone who took part in this weeks Social Workplace Twitter Chat event (#SWChat).
Social Media Policies - Do we need them?
Companies introduce Social Media Policies to protect the company and the employees, but do they really work? Are they doing more harm than good? This weeks event discussed the pro's and cons and drew some conclusions.
- No. of Tweets = 691
- No. of Contributors = 72
- Reach = 167,000
- No. of impressions = 2,100,000
Shared Reference Material
- Social Media Guidelines (doc) via ICT Champions
- Employees fired over Facebook posts via engadget
- Online database of Social Media Policies (great resource) via Chris Boudreaux
- 40% of firms have Social Media Policies via SHRM
- Social Media Guidelines via @JennTelligent via telligent
- Fortune's best companies don't block Social Media via Mark Ragan
- Who owns a journalist's Twitter account? via simplyzesty
- New Regulations Make Social Usage Policies More Imperative via SHRM
- Social Media, Risk, and Policies for Associations via socialfish & Croydon Consulting
- Buzzgraph of this #SWChat event via @adamson