Thanks to everyone who took part in this weeks Social Workplace Twitter Chat event (#SWChat).
The Future Of Social Is Mobile
In the last couple of years, mobile technology has advanced so much that it has become an extension of ourselves. Demand is high causing costs to sky-rocket, where the price of a handset can cost more than a 3 piece leather suite.
This event is looking at why the smartphone has become so popular and how we see the market evolving over the next 5 years.
- No. of Tweets = 1700 (NEW RECORD)
- No. of Contributors = 126
- Reach = 651,000 (NEW RECORD)
- No. of impressions = 5,900,000
Q1) If u turned ur phone off, how long before Social (media) Anxiety Disorder (S.A.D) kicked in?
Q2) Why has the smartphone become such an important device for communicating and consuming content in recent years?
Q3) How do you see social and mobile evolving over the next few years?
Q4) It is imperative companies invest in providing smartphone devices to all its employees. Agree/disagree?
Q5) Do you see a future where companies have their own in-house app stores for employees to access?
Q6) What smartphone app would you like to have that doesn't exist today?
Shared Reference Material
- Do You Suffer From Social (Media) Anxiety Disorder? via @davidchris
- Do You Suffer From Social Media FOMO? [infographic] via @mashable
- People Who Are Constantly Online Can Develop Mental Disorders via CBS Charlotte
- 79% Of US Smartphone/Tablet Users Have Used Them For Online Shopping via nielsenwire
- Life Before The Smartphone [comic strip] via @elabuzz
- Texting Takes Over Talking In The UK Says Ofcom Study via BBC News
- Humour [image] from Brad Wood
- The Future Of TV Is Two Screens, One Held Firmly In Your Hands via Fast Company
- Executive Order on National Security And Their Communications via The White House
- Is Mobile Africa's Future by Ben Martin
- The Distractions Of Social Media in 1673 via @tomstandage
- Smartphones Usage Statistics Of US Consumers via Nielsen
- Barclay's Bank Develops Internal App Store via computing.co.uk
- 50% Of American Mobile Owners Use Their Phones While Watching TV via psfk
- The Flight From Conversation via New York Times
- How Tech Is Changing College Life [infographic] via @mashable
- Mary Meeker: More Data, More Mobile (SoLoMo) via Mike Boland
- Mobile Apps Will Drive The Future Of THe Internet via SocialMediaToday