Thanks to everyone who took part in this weeks Social Workplace Twitter Chat event (#SWChat).
Enterprise Social Networks
This weeks #SWChat was a Guest Event with Maria Ogneva from Yammer.
Yammer, a product most have heard of and with over 200,000 companies using it worldwide, it clearly is a well established solution in the marketplace. But why are Enterprise Social Networks becoming so popular? Maria Ogneva, Head of Community at Yammer, joined us to reveal all.
- No. of Tweets = 1200
- No. of Contributors = 119
- Reach = 333,000
- No. of impressions = 3,600,000
Q1) Why have Enterprise Social Networks generally become so important in business?
Q2) Do you see Enterprise Social Networks replacing more traditional forms of communication like email?
Q3) Companies are cautious of hosting sensitive conversations outside their own firewall. How does #Yammer get around this?
Q4) Apart from sensitive conversations, what other barriers are preventing companies embracing Enterprise Social Networks?
Q5) What are the main type of companies and company departments that are most likely to embrace Enterprise Social Networks?
Q6) What are the main business requirements for an Enterprise Social Network solution?
Q7) If you had to sell Enterprise Social Networks to your CEO in 140 characters or less, what would your sales pitch be?
Shared Reference Material
- Enterprise Social Networks - The Heart Of Any Social Business via @DavidChris
- Watercooler Moments And Enterprise Social Networks via @martincouzins
- Transparency Is The New Leadership Imperative via @dorieclark
- The ClueTrain Manifesto
- Technology Doesn't Change The Truth: Honesty Isn't Easy via @bigdragazzo
- Social Media vs Email - Are We Asking The Right Questions? via @themaria (Yammer)
- Digital Natives, Dinosaurs And Immigrants via @themaria (Yammer)
- Companies And Cool Tools And Technologies via Prof Soumitra Dutta
- Fear And Enterprise Social Networks via @themaria (Yammer)
- Six Ways Social Media Technologies Can Accelerate Large Scale Change via Accenture
- It's Not Information Overload, It's Filter Failure [video] via Clay Shirky
- The Cultural Imperative For A Social Business via @themaria (Yammer)
- Graduate Experience in Social Networks and Tools is Important [survey] via salesforce.com
- Real Threat: Social Engineering In The Social Media Age via @fjfonseca
- Enterprise Social Networking: Focus On Relationships [Alitmeter Report] via Jeremiah Owyang
- When It Comes To The Social Enterprise, Don't Ask "Why?", Ask "Why Not?" via @bigdragazzo
- Is Your Training Social? via @themaria (Yammer)
- Medicaid Hack Upate: 500,000 Records And 280,000 SSN's Stolen via ZDNet
- What Sells CEO's On Social Networking via Andrew McAfee