Infoglut: The result of too much information to be able to make an informed business decision.
With so many social channels now available, the flow of information we have to consume is increasing causing companies real problems on how to cope with their communications. But is Infoglut real or is it just a case companies have to adapt their strategy to manage communication flows better?
This event looked at whether Infoglut is real and how to manage communication flows better.
Q1) Is social media the problem or solution to infoglut?
Q2) Is infoglut really a problem or have we just become lazy in how we manage our information flows?
Q3) "...and one ring to rule them all" -is a single social platform the key to manage all information flows effectively?
Q4) Scheduling time slots to only consume content makes us more effective. Agree / disagree?
Q5) What top 3 tips would you recommend to eliminate infoglut?
- What's The Cure For InfoGlut? - via David Christopher
- What's The Cure For InfoGlut - Data Visualization Techniques? - via David Christopher
- How Information Overload Is Harming Your Business - via VirtualWorks
- Too Much Information - via Schumpeter (@ The Economist)
- Information Overload Vs Filter Failure - via Clay Shirky
Spreecast Social Video Channel
Participants: Greg Lowe, Colin Hope-Murray, Jenn Emerson, Alastair Walker
Playback: (see below)