Gamification has always been a favourite topic with the #SWChat, community where it's usefulness in business has always split the audience. We are returning to this topic to see how Gamification has evolved and how people's opinion's may have changed.
This event debated whether Gamification can incentivise employees better or whether it's really just about point's and badges.
Gamification is the concept of using game design elements in non-game applications to make them more fun and engaging.
Game mechanics are constructs of rules intended to produce an enjoyable gameplay. Think of it as basic building blocks that can be combined in interesting ways to drive a (often complex) sequence of actions in order to achieve desired results.
Courtesy of KISSMetrics
Q1) Gamification is a smart way to increase Brand loyalty & better understand your customer. Agree/disagree?
Q2) Are companies turning to Gamification as standard reward programmes no longer motivate employees?
Q3) Can (and should) Gamification be used to drive a companies core business processes?
Q4) Can Gamification drive cultural behaviours of employees to increase productivity?
Q5) Can Game mechanics in the workplace help to build and foster better employee working relationships?
- Why Gamification Is Bad For Social Business - via Greg Lowe
- Six Reasons Why "Gamification" Will Rule The Business World - via Gary Belsky (Time)
- How To Use Gamification For Better Business Results - via Peep Laja (KISSMetrics)
- How Three Big Businesses Scored Big With Gamification - via Erica Swallow (Entrepeneur)
- The Evolution Of Gamification In The Workplace - via Sharlyn Lauby (Mashable)
- Is Gamification Right For Your Business? 7 Things To Consider - via Erica Swallow (Mashable)
Spreecast Social Video Channel
Participants (confirmed): Greg Lowe
Playback: (see below)