Thanks to everyone who took part in this weeks Social Workplace Twitter Chat event (#SWChat).
50 Greatest Social Media Screw-Ups
This weeks #SWChat was a Guest Event with Bernhard Warner, co-founder of Custom Communication, editorial director of Social Media Influence and a keynote speaker at the Social Media Influence conference in London, June 12th.
For Custom, he has taken this journalism experience to the corporate level, teaching communications professionals the art of effective communicating through social story-telling. For SMI, he runs workshops and training courses on e-reputation and social media crisis communications (in English… e quindi in Italiano)
- No. of Tweets = 992
- No. of Contributors = 91
- Reach = 268,000
- No. of impressions = 2,600,000
FREE Prize Draw Winner
This weeks event included a FREE Prize Draw where 5 lucky winners were chosen randomly by Social Influence and receive a FREE copy of the unmissable eBook #FAIL: The 50 Greatest Social Media Screw-Ups
Congratulations to @tomspiglanin @petergold99 @anitaloomba @connectyou @fredmcclimans whom will each receive a free copy of the eBook.
For all #SWChat participants in this event there is a 20% DISCOUNT available for the Social Media Influence Conference in London on June 12th. To receive your discounted book online, use the discount code SMI-20 and you will receive your 20% discount.
Q1) What was yours & @mateoy inspiration behind the #FAILbook "50 Greatest #SocialMedia Screw-Ups"?
Q2a) In your #FAILbook you cover "Crap Customer Service" -Can you share an e.g. from the book?
Q2b) What's the take away of Maytag's screw-up http://ow.ly/bfAv5 that others should learn from?
Q3) "Brands Behaving Badly" is a Gr8 #FAILbook section -Why DO Brands continue to behave badly w/ #sm?
Q4) Brands often screw-up via #socialmedia in crisis mgmt situations -Why is this?
Q5) Costa Concordia is your favorite #FAILbook screw-up http://ow.ly/bfAWX -What lessons did we learn?
Q6) Do you think Brands even today underestimate the power of #socialmedia & the public?
Q7) In 140 char or less, how can a Brand avoid becoming a #socialmedia screw-up in your next #FAILbook?
Shared Reference Material
- Some Teens Aren't Liking Facebook As Much As Older Users via Los Angeles Times
- Being Wrong - Adventures In The Margin Of Error via Kathryn Schultz
- When Social Media Gets You Fired: Francesca's CFO is Out via Los Angeles Times
- Corporate Communications Heads Split On Social Media via CIPR
- Why You Should Use Social Media When Disaster Strikes via @bernhardwarner
- Corporate Comms, Disrupted, Yet More Important Than Ever Before via @jowyang
- #FAIL: The Costa Concordia Tragedy Sinks Carnival via @bernhardwarner
- A7 - Mycorrhizae Metaphor Of Learning via Emma Nugent
- Vanity Metrics - You Like Me, You Really Like Me via Jason Averbook
- Liliths Rising: Three PR Pros Provide Strategic Carrer Advice via @jgombita